I have very mixed thoughts about showing Price.  

My worry is if you change price on your website, and it's not updated on Invisioneer.org.  

Will look for feedback on others to see if this is something that everyone consistently wants.  

• Like 1

• Providers

As I can change anything else and not update here. It’s a dev problem, not a user’s problem. You are only listing. The authenticity of the data is a dev issue, not yours. Leave it clear.

The less hassle you offer to the user, the better. Just think as a user: you (this site) is now an additional step the user will have to take to purchase stuff. Make it easy. Simple. Make the user go back and forth to see prices sound bizarre.

• Like 1

• Providers

I don't think it would work out of the box. Why? Let's talk about my situation - I live in Poland and my main prices are in PLN (Polish currency) and I'm updating prices in USD once a day to update USD rate to PLN to avoid pay to much/less by clients paying in USD.

Why it's important here? Simple - which currency should I use here? Should I updating prices here each day to display current USD prices? No way.

I think displaying prices here isn't so simple as you may think.

• Providers
5 minutes ago, DawPi said:

I don't think it would work out of the box. Why? Let's talk about my situation - I live in Poland and my main prices are in PLN (Polish currency) and I'm updating prices in USD once a day to update USD rate to PLN to avoid pay to much/less by clients paying in USD.

Why it's important here? Simple - which currency should I use here? Should I updating prices here each day to display current USD prices? No way.

I think displaying prices here isn't so simple as you may think.

Can you display the price in your currency on IPS? Official language  was always English. Why it has to be different here?

Also, just don’t fill the field if it doesn’t work for you. Leave it blank.

• Like 1

• Providers
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Why it has to be different here?

I didn't tell that must be diffferent here. I was talking about my opinion about that.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can you display the price in your currency on IPS?

Can you arguee with IPS or force your own ideas there? No. If IPS has decided about anything then they forcing their own ideas/rules. We had nothing to elaborate. Why here must be the same situation? We're friends here with equal position, right?

• Providers

Just think as a user. That’s the key. A user comes to this site, see hundreds of resources, get interested in 50, so now he has 150 clicks ahead:

1: one click to view the file here and notice that hasn’t a price tag, then

2: one click to go to your site and decide if proceeds with the purchase. Purchasing or not, then

3: one click to go back to this site.

This is crazy, guys. I can’t see how this experience is good for the end user. Honestly. 

Anyway, just my opinion too. I didn’t even decided if I will keep developing for this framework or if I will use this site, if I opt to do so.

I’m just trying to look things through a user’s point of view.

👍

Edited by Adriano Faria

4 hours ago, DawPi said:

I live in Poland and my main prices are in PLN (Polish currency) and I'm updating prices in USD once a day to update USD rate to PLN to avoid pay to much/less by clients paying in USD.

Field is open Text Area. 

You can type whatever you want, such as:

• 50 PLN + 10 PLN renewal (or USD equivalent)
  • Visit file for price 

Will that work?  

• Like 1