Why am I really excited about Community Hive?

JoelR

Could contain: Computer, Electronics, Tablet Computer, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Phone, Mobile Phone

Community Hive is the latest free-to-use service by IPS that consolidates and shares the activity of communities that opt in.  

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/introducing-community-hive-r1285/

On its own merits and for its stated purposes, the Hive is an exciting project.  It should allow community owners to broaden their reach, allow their content to go viral in a new channel, and bring in more registered users. Whether you're a Xenforo client or a self hosted IPS client, there's no reason not to use the Hive. The Hive should genuinely add value to your community.  

But that's not why I'm really excited.  To me, the true power of the Hive is not what's on the surface, but what's behind the scenes: the content recommendation algorithm that can parse hundreds of communities, thousands of content items, and condense everything into a simple discovery feed that is engagement based. 

This is a game changer. By tapping into computational power that is on par with the largest social media sites in the world, IPS can drive engagement gains that are also on par with the largest social media sites. If IPS can bring this to their cloud clients, this can be an absolute game changer to empower independent communities to hold their own against the largest social media platforms to retain engagement.

What do you think about the content recommendation engine behind Hive? 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Jon Erickson said:

Or if you are a Wordpress client!

Reach out to me if you want to help test the CH Wordpress Integration. We need more beta testers. 

Have you (or rather, IPS) thought about posting something on the WordPress community forums? That might be a great way of reaching out to WordPress customers.  

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've been using Hive daily. I've even joined a few sites based on the feed that it gives me.

I see a lot of car and motor sites on Hive, along with the random international language site.  Haven't come across anything but I keep looking! 

• Providers
7 hours ago, JoelR said:

Feedly is awesome.  I set up an account awhile back but forgot about it.  Any good  topics do you follow?

I don't follow topics, I use it as a replacement for the old Greader. I can add every feed I want and don't have to chose from sites the app offers.

It has cool features to organize in categories, bookmark, mark read while scrolling, export important things to Pocket and much more.

• 2 months later...

I need to get better at using Community Hive but I was so happy when I saw that they brought it to Xenforo as well as I understand it had been available on IPS for a while. 

I currently use it for two of the forums I have but do need to get better at using it to find new communities. 

Community Hive has been one of the best services I have used on the internet to find new communities to be part of. 

I heard they had expanded to offering it to Xenforo forums as well and many seem to be jumping on that which seems to be bringing more options to choose from.