New Year, True Grit: How Do You Keep Your Resolutions Alive?

JoelR

As we step into a new year, it's all about setting those resolutions. But let’s be real – keeping them is a whole different game. It's not just about setting goals; it's about fueling them with discipline, ambition, and drive from our personal lives. So, how do we make sure these resolutions don’t just fizzle out by February?

• What personal strategies do you use to maintain discipline in fulfilling your New Year resolutions? Is it a strict routine, or perhaps a more flexible, forgiving approach?
  • How do you keep your ambition alive throughout the year? Do you have any tips for staying motivated even when the going gets tough?
  • What role does your personal drive play in achieving your goals? Do you find external motivation, like friends or online communities, helpful in keeping you on track?

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Computer Keyboard, Hardware, Pen, Text, Beverage, Coffee, Coffee Cup

Whether it’s hitting the gym, learning a new skill, or just being kinder to ourselves, sticking to resolutions can be tough but rewarding. Let’s share some of our personal tactics and stories. Maybe we can inspire each other to keep those resolutions strong all year round! 🌟💪🗓️

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is something I must get better and improve.  In the past when I ran my motor forum, I didn't do anything special, the members referred other members and we became popular, but I wish I discipline myself and continue to push. So many fantastic ideas that pop into my head every minute but not discipline myself to write them down and to action them.  Very busy with personal life, but forum and members are my heart.  

Making New Year's Resolutions and then keeping them was always something I was terrible at. I would make them, stick with them for around a month or so and give up on them so that is something I do need to get better at doing. 

Instead of resolutions I now create goals and tasks instead that are small and easy to manage and I ensure that I stick to tasks to help me achieve and reach those goals so there is less giving up and more keep going. 

I have stopped making any resolutions, I got tired of not being able to fulfill my resolutions. Making resolutions is not a big deal but fulfilling them can be very hard if your resolutions are very ambitious.

These days I just work on the tasks that are before me or the tasks that are very important for me.

I have found that a lot of people make unrealistic resolutions, resolutions that they can never fulfill. Some people are not very serious about their resolutions, therefore, they never work on them. I always plan for the new year, I try to work hard to reach my goals but if I don't I also do not fret much. I am a rather easygoing person.