Abandoned apps

Just now, terabyte said:

Yeah, I was thinking about that. But I'll do directly v5 apps. I see no point remaking them now for v4, it would just be useless double work since they still work. 🤷‍♂️

That would work.  I'd be hesitant to update to 5.x without those two items.

16 minutes ago, terabyte said:

Yeah, I was thinking about that. But I'll do directly v5 apps. I see no point remaking them now for v4, it would just be useless double work since they still work. 🤷‍♂️

I could never get Auto Welcome to work properly.

Also All Astronauts hasn't responded to anyone asking questions about getting verified on his site to get access to their paid apps/plugins.  No idea what's going on with him, but he could be done with dev work as well or at least his customers could be done with him.  Given his lack of response and support, I personally won't use his products anymore.  He hasn't even been on here since October.  He's been on IPS but hasn't answered my PMs.  He's been on his site but hasn't answered any of his customers.

Edited by Clover13

8 hours ago, Clover13 said:

I could never get Auto Welcome to work properly.

Also All Astronauts hasn't responded to anyone asking questions about getting verified on his site to get access to their paid apps/plugins.  No idea what's going on with him, but he could be done with dev work as well or at least his customers could be done with him.  Given his lack of response and support, I personally won't use his products anymore.  He hasn't even been on here since October.  He's been on IPS but hasn't answered my PMs.  He's been on his site but hasn't answered any of his customers.

I have a pretty good relationship with him, let me see if I can ping him.  

• Providers
On 1/19/2024 at 3:54 PM, terabyte said:

The same. Only on IC5.

I'm open for smaller jobs - bug fixes in his apps etc. PM me if anyone is interested.

1 hour ago, terabyte said:

Yeah, I've been getting several requests for updating private modifications made by Michael lately.

Does anyone know what happened to him? 😕

He would rarely answer on the IPS forum in recent times.  He just didn't seem interested in doing the dev anymore or determining why some of his mods didn't behave as they should.  I was using his Welcome New Members plugin but could never get it to work right, tried to pass along the info to troubleshoot it with him but could never get his interest in it.  It was free, so is what it is, but I'd imagine other devs never developed something similar because he already had.  As a result, I just watch for notifications of new members and manually add a welcome.

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2024 at 1:05 PM, terabyte said:

Yeah, I've been getting several requests for updating private modifications made by Michael lately.

Does anyone know what happened to him? 😕

He suffered a personal loss and wanted to spend some time exploring the world, but he did also mention prior to this that his work life had increased. I would hope that he's just finding some alone time visiting places.

I know he was on Facebook, but I have only ever added one person there from IPS.