Do you run more than 1 site? Do you have a portfolio of sites or projects?

In today's fast-paced business environment, multi-project management has become an essential skill for professionals across various industries. As organizations strive to achieve more with limited resources, the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously has become a critical factor in driving success and maintaining a competitive edge.

projects-5235095.jpg

Multi-project management, also known as project portfolio management, is the practice of overseeing and coordinating multiple projects concurrently. This approach allows businesses to optimize resource allocation, streamline workflows, and achieve strategic objectives more efficiently. However, managing multiple projects simultaneously presents unique challenges that require specialized skills, tools, and strategies.

https://insider-wp.com/multi-project-management-boost-success-productivity/

Do you have any best practices to share on how you stay on top of your forums?  

• Like 1

I've always wondered how admins can handle multiple communities! One is hard enough, trying to run (and be good at) multiple is impossible.  

I also have a lot of respect for Marketplace developers. Not only do you need to be technically competent, you also need to be great at customer service, project management, marketing, etc.! 

Would love to hear from other community admins who run multiple sites on how they effectively manage their portfolio of sites. 

• The title was changed to Do you run more than 1 site? Do you have a portfolio of sites or projects?
  • Providers
16 hours ago, JoelR said:

Would love to hear from other community admins who run multiple sites on how they effectively manage their portfolio of sites. 

What helped me on the technical side was to use one design. I created a corporate design and have all my custom CSS in one spot, which is loaded from five different communities. Before that, the CSS customizations and dealing with IPS updates was driving me crazy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, opentype said:

What helped me on the technical side was to use one design. I created a corporate design and have all my custom CSS in one spot, which is loaded from five different communities. Before that, the CSS customizations and dealing with IPS updates was driving me crazy. 

Im guessing your also using one platform (IPS) for all of your sites, to standardize the tech even more.  

Do you conduct software updates all at the same time? Do you have mods specific to one site over another?