A Few Suggestions

• Providers

Hello,

Big shout-out to @JoelR for taking the initiative with official Marketplace closure and sets up Invisioneer. I like it for what is growing to be. I have a few suggestions to make it more evolved and not sure if its mentioned before here. I have discussed these with Joel before but I'm gonna publicly make it seen and heard here too. maybe some better ideas came out of it as I really hope be the case.

For starter, something that is in my mind is make "invisioneer Application" that admins can install in their ACP as normal application. this way customers can browse all resources here in their own ACP, like the official Marketplace was before all of this. Joel said about this that he won't be able to do it but if developers would volunteer and of course Joel approve of this, I think can have positive impact. invisioneer can suggest everyone that browsing here that they can also download and install this app freely, and this way admins can have instant and always access to it via their own ACP.

I also want to suggest that invisioneer can think of selling files directly. I saw this topic by Joel and really hope it happens. for reasons that is out of my control I just can't start a Marketplace, and as it mentioned there even more people like me is out there that for their own reason can't start a commercial marketplace. as of now my own website doesn't have purchase feature and I handle it poorly via a "Contact us" button. 🙃 I hope invisioneer consider adding feature for direct sell.

• Like 1

• Providers
4 hours ago, shahed said:

For starter, something that is in my mind is make "invisioneer Application" that admins can install in their ACP as normal application. this way customers can browse all resources here in their own ACP, like the official Marketplace was before all of this. Joel said about this that he won't be able to do it but if developers would volunteer and of course Joel approve of this, I think can have positive impact. invisioneer can suggest everyone that browsing here that they can also download and install this app freely, and this way admins can have instant and always access to it via their own ACP.

I don’t think you can do it without a ton of hooks and that’s why IPS removed it from their site.

4 hours ago, shahed said:

I also want to suggest that invisioneer can think of selling files directly. I saw this topic by Joel and really hope it happens. for reasons that is out of my control I just can't start a Marketplace, and as it mentioned there even more people like me is out there that for their own reason can't start a commercial marketplace. as of now my own website doesn't have purchase feature and I handle it poorly via a "Contact us" button. 🙃 I hope invisioneer consider adding feature for direct sell.

Honestly, you better do what’s suggested in the other topic and try to find someone who wants to share their installation with you.

I really don’t think this site should do anything different than what it is: a showcase for files. 

• Providers
9 hours ago, shahed said:

this way customers can browse all resources here in their own ACP, like the official Marketplace was before all of this.

And how is that supposed to work? They browse the directory in the AdminCP and then how about the payments and downloads?

Besides, if you could search Invisioneer in the AdminCP, literally no one would visit the site directly anymore.

10 hours ago, shahed said:

people like me is out there that for their own reason can't start a commercial marketplace.

Simply use a third party service like fetchapp, dpd or something similar for sales and file delivery.

20 hours ago, shahed said:

If any developers would like to take this on, you would have my full support!

But I think we should wait to see IPS 5 before we pursue anything major like this.  

20 hours ago, shahed said:

As of right now, my goal is to connect you to other existing developers to see if you can partner up.  They would be able to offer the billing that I'm not setup to handle at this time. 

Also, the recommendation for FetchApp and GetDPD are excellent!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Providers
On 9/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, shahed said:

for reasons that is out of my control I just can't start a Marketplace, and as it mentioned there even more people like me is out there that for their own reason can't start a commercial marketplace. as of now my own website doesn't have purchase feature and I handle it poorly via a "Contact us" button.

I don't use a Marketplace as well at my forum. I sell my apps manually. And so far it is going well. 

• Like 2